Monday, September 1, 2008

Takin' a trip

After praying/discussing/reading the word I've decided it's okay to go to Lakeland, Florida for a few days. I've spoken with Brandt just today and he was reassuring that it's safe there, things have died down since they first arrived and there's a lawyer who's truly trying to get charges dropped and have things wrap up in peace. I've realized I am blessed with the resources to be a help at this time, and I have the TIME, though not too much, to put myself out there and be a source of encouragement. Which I pray I am just that for them. A little nervous, but moreso just ready to do something. Don't feel the need to convince folks or defend my reasoning; just pray for us all. There is power in prayer, the prayer of a righteous 'man' is powerful and effective. I have a fluttering in my heart, but I'm still trying to remain focused that I'm trusting this is Gods spirit leading me to go, not just the desires of my heart. Please pray that I am constantly reminded that all the glory goes to God. My parents feel alot better about me going after Brandt assured them things are safe; though they were already on board with what's being done out there. So thankful to Jesus taht I have a family of faith. Hope to write a bountiful update someday soon. Love to you all.

2 comments:

Tim Faulted said...

Congratulations. May God bless you and keep you safe. I will pray that He will use the experience to equip you to continue His work wherever you go.

Remember to stay immersed in the word. Often when we are focused on "doing" ministry we fail to be fed spiritually ourselves.

God Bless

theefaulted

Hope said...

Oh MY! Praying, have so much fun and I am so excited for your adventures.